Real Estate Glossary

The following are some common real estate terms you may run across during the process of buying or selling your home.

Settlement Sheet

The HUD-1 Settlement Statement itemizes the amounts to be paid by the buyer and the seller at closing. The (blank) form is published by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).Items on the statement include:

  • Real estate commissions
  • Loan fees
  • Points
  • Escrow amounts
  • The form is filled out by your closing agent and must be signed by the buyer and the seller. The buyer should be allowed to review the HUD-1 Settlement Statement on the business day before the closing meeting to know the closing costs in advance.The HUD-1 Settlement Statement is also known as the "closing statement" or "settlement sheet."

    « Back